Will Reja stay or will he go?
- After each season we sit and discuss what has happened and if there is a reason to continue our work together. We did that in January.
The last names mentioned for Lazio’s bench were Stramaccioni and Emery. Are you searching for a new coach?
- These are all speculations. Our first job is to speak with Reja before we even start thinking of another manager. He is coach who deserves respect.
When will you have a final decision about the coach?
- We will meet in the coming days. There is a lot of time until the start of the season. Things don’t have to be resolved in a hurry.
- I’ve been saying this for two years now. A change of generations has started. Based on that we have to see if we can keep on working together. We can’t say anything bad about Reja’s work in the past couple of months. Europe? It was a goal but not our only goal. We won’t judge Reja only on that.
How do you see the new Lazio?
- Aggressive, competitive, organized, hungry. I want to see a Lazio that is eager to win and that makes people happy.
Without having to play in Europe what will be the goal?
- Our group will be composed to maximum 24-25 players.
Will Lazio be able to qualify for the Champions League?
- In the past couple of seasons we couldn’t qualify because of our goal difference and because of one point difference. Lazio should be among the top five teams in Italy. I can’t see lots of teams that have such young talents as we do – Keita, Perea, Felipe Anderson, Onazi, Cataldi, Minala.
They are young but are they ready for the first team?
- We have to create a good mix of young and experienced players.
What kind of tactics do you think will suit the new Lazio?
- We are thinking about two systems: 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. Two very aggressive and attacking systems.
How many players will be bought this summer?
- We are planning to make 4-5 new signings including Djordjevic. It will be a very long summer. We will be watching closely the World Cup in Brazil for any new potential signings. The most important thing is to know what we want and not to be in a hurry.
No rush but what about the late arrivals?
- It is important to give the coach the chance to work with 70-80percent of the new signings from the start. That way they will have more time to adapt.
What is missing in Lazio? What do you want?
- We need to add to the quality we have. We need a desire to win games at all cost, to fight until the end. One of our goals towards the future is to build a team that knows what Lazio is and wears the shirt with honour.
Is there a risk of losing Candreva?
- I trust Udinese and I believe that very soon Candreva will be a Lazio player. He is a part of our project.
In which positions does Lazio need new players?
- We want to improve the areas where difficulties were encountered during the season. One of those areas is the defense. Next season we want to see an aggressive and attacking Lazio searching for goals.
Hernanes was sold for 20 million euro, people expect that money to be invested.
- It is not true that Inter gave us the whole sum in one payment. We will receive the 20 million in payments over several years. After the Coppa Italia triumph we spent 22 million and we didn’t sell. There was an offer for Hernanes in summer (about 30 million euro) but it has not been taken under consideration.
Yes, but he did now renew his contract and you risked losing him for a low price.
- It’s true. It could’ve been a major economic loss.
Is Lulic the next player who will leave Lazio?
- I have not had requests. In January we told Lulic that there were no offers for him. If an offer is made we will think about it. He is an important part of the team. None of our players are on the market.
Will Marchetti be a part of Lazio next season?
- The truth is that he was injured, the medical reports can confirm that. We are well covered in that role – we have Marchetti and Berisha who can be Lazio’s next #1 and we have Strakosha who is the best goalkeeper in the Primavera league.